The vision of Faculty Affairs | Professional Development | Diversity (FAPDD) is to develop a vibrant, diverse community where each faculty member has the optimal capability to make meaningful contributions to their career goals and the institution’s mission.
- Establish and sustain a culture that promotes faculty vitality and diversity.
- Plan and implement faculty development activities that ensure effective and successful recruitment, appointment, retention, and promotion of faculty.
- Train and educate visionary, innovative leaders who are capable of promoting the school’s mission and capitalizing upon emerging challenges.
- Implement a life-cycle of learning experiences that enable faculty to achieve their highest ambitions as educators, investigators, and clinicians.
- Communicate current faculty development opportunities to the medical school community.
- Ensure consistency with the school’s strategic plan and core beliefs, and ensure optimal use of limited resources by coordinating school and university-wide faculty development offerings.
- Expand participation in national and international groups that assist or promote faculty affairs, leadership, and professional development.
FAPDD is located on the second floor of the Health Information and Translational Sciences (HITS) Building, located on the north end of the downtown canal.
Visitor parking is very limited at HITS. Visitor parking is available at Fairbanks Hall, a short walk from HITS. If you are coming from one of the downtown campus buildings we suggest you park in your normal parking area and take the People Mover to the second stop.
If you are driving and do not have a dedicated parking spot we suggest you take advantage of our small visitor lot located adjacent to the front entrance of Fairbanks Hall. If this lot is full, metered parking is available on 10th and 11th streets (both streets border HITS). Free street parking is also available on Senate Ave.
Driving Directions to Fairbanks Hall
- Take the Martin Luther King Jr. Street exit and turn LEFT (east) onto 10th Street.
- Turn LEFT to enter the parking lot to Fairbanks Hall.
From Southbound Meridian Street
- Take Meridian Street to 16th Street and turn RIGHT (west) onto 16th Street.
- Follow 16th Street to Capital Avenue and turn LEFT (south) onto Capital Avenue.
- Continue on Capital Avenue and turn RIGHT (west) onto 11th Street.
- Go past Senate Avenue and turn LEFT into the parking lot to Fairbanks Hall.
From Northbound Meridian Street
- Take Meridian Street to 10th Street and turn LEFT (west) onto 10th Street.
- Follow 10th Street past Illinois Street (keep right) – 10th Street will turn into 11th Street.
- Continue on 11th Street past Capital Avenue and Senate Avenue.
- Turn LEFT into the parking lot to Fairbanks Hall.
- Take another LEFT after entering the lot and proceed to the gate. (Enter the code to proceed through the gate in order to park your vehicle).