Retirement allows you to focus on personal life goals through new opportunities and there are a variety of options and policies to consider as you determine which path to retirement works best for you and your family. The tools and resources below will empower you to make the best decision and facilitate a smooth transition.
Estimate your retirement income
- The IU Retirement Readiness Calculator gives you a personalized approach to model and estimate of lifetime retirement income.
- Dually-employed faculty have additional considerations. Email Troy Taylor, Director of Human Resources at IU Health Physicians at ttaylo10@IUHealth.org to understand your clinical retirement income.
Schedule one-on-one counseling
- Schedule one-on-one counseling with Fidelity to understand your retirement benefits.
- Meet with a colleague from IU School of Medicine Faculty Affairs, Professional Development, and Diversity for a one on one consultation about retirement. Email Jessica Leising, Executive Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover the benefits of IU Retiree status
- Faculty eligible for IU Retiree status, you will still have access to a range of benefits, including IU tuition benefits, medical care coverage and life insurance. Learn more by visiting Human Resources, or by reading the official policy on IU Retiree status.
Ease into retirement
- Consider the IU Phased Retirement program
- Discuss your intent to retire with your department director/division director and outline a transition plan.
- If you have a lab consult the guide to transition or close a lab as part of your preparation consult the guide to transitioning or closing a lab to prepare for this retirement.