*Postdoctoral fellows in the School of Medicine, please see the IU School of Medicine Postdoctoral Policy for all absence coverages.
Vacation time, Medical leave, Funeral/Bereavement, Sabbatical leave, Military leave, Jury or Witness Duty
See University Policy ACA-47 Leaves for Academic Appointees for eligibility, duration and other requirements.
Units are required to initiate Leave of Absence eDocs for medical leave, sabbatical leave, and military leave with a note indicating the reason for the leave (e.g. personal medical) and attach documentation of sabbatical leave approval. Documentation for medical or military leave should be kept on file in the department and does not get attached to the eDoc.
Please follow the steps below to submit an application for sabbatical leave or clinical ranks departmental leaves
- Faculty – Submit the following items to your Department Chair and/or Regional Campus Director no later than September 15
- Updated CV in IUPUI Format
- A brief description in Word of the overall plan of work; sites to be visited, organizations you are working with, and other details; anticipated products or outcomes; plan for dissemination; and indication for support.
- Division Chief approval (if applicable)
- IRB/Animal Care approval (if applicable)
- Report from prior sabbaticals (if applicable)
- Department Chair and/or Regional Campus Director – Submit the faculty sabbatical application materials along with a letter of support to email@example.com no later than October 15.
- The Executive Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, Professional Development, and Diversity will review the applications and if approved, will submit the application materials to the IUPUI Office of Academic Affairs via the online Application Tool.
See University Policy ACA-51 IUSM Paid Family Leave for Academic Appointees for eligibility, duration and other requirements
Units are required to initiate a Leave of Absence eDoc for family leave with a note indicating the reason for the leave (e.g. family formation or family care-spouse). Documentation for family leave should be kept on file in the department and does not get attached to the eDoc.