To be eligible, applicants must hold a MD or DO degree (or equivalent if the medical degree was obtained outside of the United States), must be dually employed with IU School of Medicine and IU Health Physicians, must hold the rank of associate or full professor and have some administrative experience (e.g., some level of personnel and budget management). A selection committee will review and select the Evans Fellow, paying particular attention to succession planning needs in the process.
Required application components
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vita
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials should be submitted via the application portal. Upon selection, the fellow will need to complete the following additional requirements of the Kelley Business of Medicine MBA program:
- Online Application
- Submit official medical school transcripts (not needed for applicants who previously attended Indiana University)
The Kelley School has agreed to waive the application fee for the selected Evans Fellow.
When completing the personal statement for the Evans Fellowship, applicants should address the questions below. The personal statement should be no longer than three pages (single spaced 12 point font).
- Briefly describe the range of responsibilities in your current position, including any responsibilities for personnel and budget management for which you are directly responsible.
- What are your five-year career goals? Be as specific as possible.
- How will participating in the Evans Fellowship program help you achieve these goals?
- What do you view as the most critical priority facing the IU School of Medicine/IU Health enterprise and what do you think should be done about it?
- What is your personal philosophy or definition of leadership and how does it apply to your professional role? Include a short summary of any formal leadership training received.
Letters of recommendation information:
- One letter of recommendation must be from the applicant’s immediate supervisor (e.g., department chair, section/division chief). This letter should include a commitment to providing 10% protected time to participate in the program.
- The other two letters should be from senior colleagues; at least one must be from a senior colleague outside the applicant’s home division or department.
- Letters of recommendation should include a rationale for why the applicant is being recommended and a description of the applicant’s potential to assume positions of greater leadership responsibility in their future career development.
Materials for the Evans Fellowship program are due to the IU School of Medicine Dean’s Office no later than March tth of each year. Upon selection, the remaining required application materials (online application and transcripts) are due to the Kelley Business of Medicine MBA program by July 15th.