The Department of Medicine’s Business of Medicine Leadership Program (BMLP) is designed to provide clinical faculty and emerging leaders with a professional development opportunity that increases business acumen, leadership skills and expertise.
Academic physician leaders will develop and secure skills that match system and departmental alignment needs:
- Develop a toolkit of skills to enhance business acumen and leadership.
- Leverage knowledge in order to position ideas more persuasively, increase team productivity and lead others more effectively.
- Strengthen overall business acumen and gain a better understanding of financial acumen, including the key frameworks, models and levers that drive organizational success.
- Increase innovation capability via the development of an “intrapreneur” mindset, system and roadmap.
- Incorporate Lean in the academic and practice arena.
- Reflect on what it means to lead with wellness and equity in mind.
- Strategic thinking about equity and inclusion.
TIME COMMITMENT AND SUPPORT
The program will meet one Friday morning per month (August, September, October, November and December) for 3.5-4 hours for highly interactive in-depth faculty-led sessions that allow for application and integration of the tools and knowledge. Prior to each in-residence session, participants will engage in asynchronous online, faculty-facilitated sessions, utilizing videos, readings, assignments and discussion boards with peers and faculty to learn fundamentals and implement team action learning projects to apply concepts.
FAPDD will provide $1,000 scholarships for up to 10 faculty members outside of the Department of Medicine to participate in the program. The faculty members will be responsible for covering the remaining cost.
Financial Acumen, Intrapreneurship and Innovation, Work-Life and Lean training.
For more information contact Dr. Sylk Sotto, Vice-chair for Faculty Affairs, Development, and Diversity, Department of Medicine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program sessions will be held on Fridays during the following month:
- August 25, 2023
- September 15, 2023
- September 29, 2023
- October 13, 2023
- November 10, 2023
- December 8, 2023
Nomination process and steps
- Step 1 – A one-page document (max. 500 words) describing your career goals as it relates to this curriculum.
- Step 2 – (Department of Medicine Applicants only) Contact your Division or Section Chief. Their approval and a short nomination is required. Please e-mail to Dr. Sylk Sotto at email@example.com.
Deadline for nominations: April 1st