In fall of 2012, the IU School of Medicine will be fully migrated from Angel to Oncourse. Between now and then, IUSM faculty, staff, and learners will be transitioning from one Learning Management System (LMS) to another. This page has been created to supply you with useful resources to help in this transition.
As an ANGEL administrator, Ericl provides online support and course development for teaching and learning applications. During this transitional phase, Eric is available to assist you in finding shortcuts to transfer existing course materials from Angel to Oncourse. He will work closely with you in ensuring a smooth transition to Oncourse.
Lorie is an Instructional Design and Technology Consultant for the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education in the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) and serves as the IUSM liaison with the IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning. Lorie guides IUSM faculty in implementing technology into their learning environments through one-on-one consultations and workshops. Contact Lorie with questions about Oncourse, Canvas, ExamSoft, multimedia, moving content online, or other instructional technologies.
Jon works for the Office of Professional Affairs and Faculty Development (OFAPD) as a Technology Specialist. During this transition, OFAPD is acting as the bridge between Angel Specialists (IUSM) and Oncourse Specialist (UITS). If you have any questions at all about possible workshop topics, timeline for changeover, help documents or just general support, please contact Jon.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development has teamed with the Center for Teaching and Learning and the School of Medicine's own Office of Education Technology to offer online workshops to show the similarities of Oncourse to Angel and how comparable tools match up. Topics will cover: posting syllabi, communicating with students, roster addtitions, gradebook tools and more. All workshops will be 30 minutes.
Online Documentation and Support
Request an Oncourse Site
- Request a site - Request practice course, project, or portfolio sites; official course sites are auto-generated. Note: Do not teach a course in a practice site. You can build a course there but you must teach the course in an official course site. Importing material from site to site is very easy in Oncourse.
Self-study online for faculty
- Oncourse quick start: For instructors (PDF) - Learn to support your courses.
- Oncourse video demonstrations - Watch these 2-4 minute videos for students and instructors.
- Customized how-to guide: For students or instructors (PDF) - Build customized documents that are sent to your email address.
- The least you need to know (PDF) - Get simple, basic step-by-step instructions.
- In-depth materials (PDF) - Get more guidance for common teaching tasks and tools.
Self-study online for learners
- Oncourse podcast: Basic overview for students - Watch this podcast to see the ways you'll work in your courses.
- Oncourse video demonstrations- Watch these 2-4 minute videos for students and instructors.
- Customized how-to guide: For students or instructors - Build customized documents that are sent to your email address.
- Oncourse quick start: For students (PDF) - Learn to use Oncourse for your course work.
From a person
- Your campus teaching and learning center - Instructors, get support as you integrate Oncourse into your teaching.
- 24 x 7, your campus support center - Get application help by email, live chat, phone, or walking in.
- IUSM educational technology - Get help moving materials from Angel to Oncourse.
Workshops - visit the IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning as well as the IUSM Office of Faculty
- Affairs and Professional Development websites to register for upcoming workshops on Oncourse (please note that faculty on other IU campuses also can take advantage of workshops through their local teaching centers).
More useful information
- Oncourse changes and enhancements - See a summary for the current semester.
- Oncourse enhancements status - View descriptions of enhancement suggestions and their status.
- Oncourse tips - Make Oncourse work more effectively for you.
- Top ten ways students wish instructors used Oncourse - Check out this list of suggestions and tips.
- Known issues - See a summary of known issues in Oncourse