Resources For Research Faculty
Resource(s) of the Month!
- Science faculty’s subtle gender biases favor male students
- A Comprehensive Career-Success Model for Physician-Scientists
- Graduate Students' Teaching Experiences Improve Their Methodological Research Skills
- Reforming Regulation of Research Universities :Regulatory and reporting requirements have become excessively burdensome. A more balanced approach is needed.
Resource of the Month Archive
- Research faculty development: an historical perspective and ideas for a successful future
- Collaboration and Team Science: A Field Guide
- NIH Peer Review Revealed
- NIH Tips for Applicants
- Making Science and Family Fit
- From ‘Pet” to ‘Peer’
- New NIH forms raise concern
- Mock Study Section Review Video (NIH, 45 min.)
- Reporter's Notebook: Senior research professors face funding troubles
- Career Advantages to Collaborations
- Advice on Achieving Tenure
- Women without Tenure:
- Interdisciplinary Collaborations
- How to Succeed in Big Science and Still Get Tenure
- Business Sense: Starting an Academic Lab
- Basic Scientists in the Clinic
- Career Renewal for Established Scientists
- Gender Gaps in NIH Applications
Other Resources of Interest
Coming soon! IUSM ReSEARCH CONNECT (Research Interest Search Tool)--- A searchable database that one can use to identify faculty members based on their research interests, grants and publications, and for developing future collaborations.
- IUPUI Vice Chancellor for Research Office - The office that supports all research and industry-sponsored activities.
- Office of Research Administration - The office charged with ensuring compliance with the principles governing the conduct of research involving humans, recombinant DNA, or biohazardous materials.
- IU Vice President for Research
- AnimalStudies-Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is responsible for the review and approval of protocols describing procedures to be used for research or instruction involving animals.
- Biosafety -The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) is responsible for reviewing any research involving involving recombinant DNA and to insure compliance with the NIH Guidelines for Research
- Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules and University policy.
- Biostatistics - a working group of statistical and data professionals who provide leadership in statistical techniques in biostatistics and bioinformatics, data management, and data integration.
- Clinical Trials - The Office of Clinical Research supports and promotes clinical research at the Indiana University School of Medicine and its affiliated hospitals.
- IUSM Grant Opportunities - IU and IUSM offer several internal funding programs to support faculty research.
- Women of Color Research Network - This web site provides an instrument of outreach to women of color to assist them in navigating the NIH grants process and to receive advice on their career development.