The Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP) is a year-long, cohort-based faculty development and orientation program for faculty in the second or third years of their appointment. The seminars introduce participants to the fundamentals of career planning, self-management and leadership skills. As a result of this program, faculty have tools that will enable them to accomplish their primary career goals and aspirations.
The curriculum includes sessions specifically designed for both clinicians and research faculty and involves a one-on-one coaching session with a senior faculty member.
Tentative curriculum topics include:
- Promotion and Tenure Guidance
- Leadership Practices
- Turning Everyday Work into Scholarship
- Effective Teaching Practices
- Maintaining Balance in Your Work
- Discovering Your Strengths
- Individual Coaching Session
Please note that these topics may change based on the feedback from previous participants and speaker availability.
Due to the time investment required for LAMP, all applicants must solicit a letter of support from their chair or division director. LAMP participants will be expected to attend all nine sessions during the academic year. Space is limited to ensure a personalized approach to academic goals and career plan.
LAMP session dates
All LAMP sessions are held in person from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- August 24, 2023 – Kickoff Happy Hour
- September 21, 2023
- October 12, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- December 14, 2023
- January 18, 2024
- February 15, 2024
- April 18, 2024
- May 16, 2024 – Graduation
How to apply
Step 1: Nomination Process
- Interested faculty must request a brief nomination letter from their department chair or division director. These can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations due: Friday, June 2, 2023
Step 2: Application Process
- Once a nomination letter is received, FAPDD leadership will contact nominees for a one-paged document describing their career goals, what they hope to accomplish in the next three years along with their CV. This can also be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Goals Statement and CV due: Friday, June 23, 2023
The nomination letter, goals statement and CV must be submitted no later than Friday, June 23, 2023 to be considered for this year’s cohort.
- Mary Dankoski
- Megan Palmer
- Laura Torbeck
- Gabe Bosslet
- Steve Cico
- Bart Besinger
- Krista Longtin
The Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP) is a year-long, cohort-based faculty development and orientation program for faculty in the second and third years of their appointment. The seminars introduce participants to the fundamentals of career planning, self-management and leadership skills. As a result of this program faculty have tools that will enable them to accomplish their primary career goals and aspirations.
Any faculty in their second and third years of their appointment may apply to be a member of a LAMP cohort.
Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs and Professional Development
Associate Professor of Surgery
- (317) 362-9460
- Official Bio
- Enhancing Your Scientific Career: Unlocking Your Inner Mentor
- Faculty Learning Communities on Research in Medical Education (RIME)
- IU School of Medicine Skill Enhancement Award
- Kelley School of Business Partnership Programs
- Academy of Teaching Scholars
- Faculty Enrichment and Education Development (FEED)
- Communicating Science: Programs for Learners, Trainees and Faculty
- Stepping Stones of Women in Leadership