The Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP) is a year-long, cohort-based faculty development and orientation program for faculty in the second or third years of their appointment. The seminars introduce participants to the fundamentals of career planning, self-management and leadership skills. As a result of this program, faculty have tools that will enable them to accomplish their primary career goals and aspirations.
The 2020-2021 curriculum includes sessions specifically designed for both clinicians and research faculty and involves a one-on-one coaching session with a senior faculty member.
Tentative curriculum topics include:
- Promotion and Tenure Guidance
- Leadership Practices
- Turning Everyday Work into Scholarship
- Effective Teaching Practices
- Maintaining Balance in Your Work
- Discovering Your Strengths
- Individual Coaching Session
Please note that our topics may change based on the feedback from previous participants and speaker availability.
Because of the time investment required for LAMP, we ask that all applicants solicit a letter of support from their chair or division director. It is our expectation that LAMP participants will commit to attend all nine sessions during the academic year. Space is limited to ensure a personalized approach to academic goals and career plan.
LAMP session dates:
- September 10, 2020
- October 15, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- December 17, 2020
- January 14, 2021
- March 11, 2021
- April 15, 2021
- May 13, 2021
How to apply
Step 1: Nomination Process
- Interested faculty must request a brief nomination letter from their department chair or division director. These can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations due: Friday, June 5, 2020
Step 2: Application Process
- Once we receive your nomination, we will contact you to submit a one-page document describing your career goals and what you most want to accomplish in the next three years along with your CV. This can also be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Goals Statement and CV due: Friday, June 26, 2020
We must receive your nomination letter, goals statement, and CV no later than Friday, June 25, 2020 to be considered for this year’s cohort.
- Mary Dankoski
- Megan Palmer
- Laura Torbeck
- Gabe Bosslet
- Steve Cico
- Bart Besinger
- Krista Hoffman
The Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP) is a year-long, cohort-based faculty development and orientation program for faculty in the second and third years of their appointment. The seminars introduce participants to the fundamentals of career planning, self-management and leadership skills. As a result of this program faculty have tools that will enable them to accomplish their primary career goals and aspirations.
Any faculty in their second and third years of their appointment may apply to be a member of a LAMP cohort.
- Enhancing Your Scientific Career: Unlocking Your Inner Mentor
- Faculty Learning Communities on Research in Medical Education (RIME)
- IUSM Skill Enhancement Award
- Kelley School of Business Partnership Programs
- Academy of Teaching Scholars
- Communicating Science: Programs for Learners, Trainees and Faculty
- Stepping Stones of Women in Leadership