This program is targeted to physicians in leadership positions and promising future leaders. The program content will be highly applied with cases drawn from IU School of Medicine’s enterprise environment and is strongly supported by Dean Hess. He feels strongly that physician leaders need continued training to be prepared for the evolving health care environment.
Information about the course
- The six-month program is comprised of three 2-credit hour courses. Cohorts will be 15-20 leaders. Once accepted into the program, participants must formally apply as a non-degree seeking student ($60 fee) through the IUPUI Graduate Studies Office. Participants enroll in the courses and should use their IU tuition benefit to pay for the majority of the program. The 6 credit hours earned in this certificate are transferrable to the Kelley Physician MBA program within 5 years.
- The associated fees (approximately $500) will be the responsibility of the participant. FAPDD and the Kelley School of Business will assist with program administration (e.g., applying for tuition benefit, assistance with enrollment, tech support).
- The courses will be taught in a hybrid format, combining face-to-face and online instruction. The face-to-face instruction will consist of six full days (8 hours), which will be held one Friday per month for six months. The online asynchronous instruction will take place via Canvas between face-to-face instruction days. All classes will be held in Kelley executive education classrooms in Hine Hall.
- Courses will be graded satisfactory/unsatisfactory.
- Attendance at every in-residency session is mandatory; there will be synchronous online meetings in between in-person sessions.
- Expected workload 3-5 hours per week in non-residency weeks.
- CME is offered.
- Must have an MD or equivalent degree
- Must be at associate or full rank OR currently hold a clinical operations leadership role
- Participants must be eligible for the IU tuition benefit.
- September 10, 2021
- October 8, 2021
- November 12, 2021
- January 7, 2022
- February 11, 2022
- March 11, 2022