Each year the Indiana University Board of Trustees recognizes faculty excellence in teaching through a program known as the Trustees’ Teaching Awards. Excellence in teaching is the primary factor for selection. We anticipate that approximately 50 outstanding Indiana University School of Medicine teachers will receive the award this year. We need your help identifying IU School of Medicine’s best teachers.
Nominations are due January 5, 2022
Tenured and tenure-track faculty and librarians engaged in teaching are eligible, as are full-time clinical faculty and full-time lecturers whose primary duties are teaching. This includes faculty in the IU School of Medicine who may be located at medical centers or be paid by institutions other than Indiana University (e.g., IU Health Physicians, Eskenazi Health, Purdue University, Veteran Affairs, Ball State University, etc.).
Award recipients must have demonstrated a sustained level of teaching excellence and must have completed at least three years of service at Indiana University School of Medicine to be eligible (appointed on or before 7/1/18). They must not have won the award in the last two years. See list of last year’s award recipients below. If you are unsure of eligibility please feel free to contact email@example.com with any inquiries.
To view 2020 winners, please click here.
Nominations are due January 5, 2022. Winners will be announced at the Spring All School Meeting. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
echo $parent_title; ?>
- Outstanding Faculty Commitment to Diversity Award
- Outstanding Staff Commitment to Diversity Award
- Scholar Educator Award
- Volunteer & Adjunct Faculty Teaching Awards (VFTA)
- Campus-wide Awards
- Deb Cowley Staff Leadership Award
- Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Awards
- Exemplar of Professionalism: Honor Roll
- Inspirational Educator Award
- Lynn Wakefield Unsung Hero Staff Award
- Mark Brothers Award
- Outstanding Community Engagement Award
- Steven C. Beering Award
- Trustees’ Teaching Award
- University Distinguished Professorship & Teaching Awards