About the structure of Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM)
IUSM is a part of the Indiana University Medical Center located on the campus of Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI). All new faculty of IUSM are also welcomed by the IUPUI campus. See this IUPUI new faculty welcome site for helpful information about our campus, the academic, and local environment.
About our Downtown Hospital System
We use six (6) downtown Indianapolis teaching hospitals. IUSM maintains instructional and research activities at all six institutions. These hospitals are setting for clinical studies by nationally and internationally recognized research institutes and centers.
Three hospitals within the Indiana University Health system
- IU Health University Hospital, a highly specialized adult hospital, cancer and transplant center
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Indiana's only comprehensive pediatric hospital
- IU Health Methodist Hospital, a level one trauma centers and state of the art medical center
Three affiliated hospitals
- Wishard Memorial Hospital, operated by Marion County Health and Hospitals Corporation and managed by IUSM faculty under contract
- Richard Roudebush VA Medical Center, part of the US Office of Veterans Affairs
- Larue Carter Hospital, operated by the State of Indiana
About Our Accreditation
IUSM is nationally evaluated and accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) of the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association. The most recent self-study was in 2008.
About our Nine Campuses
IUSM is the only medical school in the state of Indiana, and one of the largest medical schools in the country. With a focus on service to the state, the school includes the main campus in Indianapolis and eight additional campuses affiliated with IU and other Indiana universities. In 2009, the IU medical school began expanding opportunities for third and fourth-year clinical rotations throughout the state.
- Bloomington at Indiana University Bloomington
- Evansville at the University of Southern Indiana
- Fort Wayne at Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Lafayette at Purdue University
- Muncie at Ball State University
- Northwest at Indiana University Northwest
- South Bend at the University of Notre Dame
- Terre Haute at Indiana State University
About Faculty Development
IUSM believes that faculty development is an important part of being an engaged, active, and vital faculty member. IUSM Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development (OFAPD) hosts over 100 events per year and produces a variety of resources on teaching, grant writing, leadership, and academic policy.