Professional Support Services
- Visual Media - Creative services for making and producing visual productions for IUSM faculty physicians and staff including power point and poster templates, animation, video, and Power Point Templates (here)
- Medical Student Affairs Office
- Medical Education and Curricular Affairs Office
- IUSM Competency Based Curriculum
- Regional Centers
- IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning
- Presentation Technology Services
- Med Ed Portal
- Library of Teaching Topics
Local Organizations and Resources
- Statewide Evaluation System- Student and instructor evaluations
- Clinical Skills Education Center (CSEC)
- Medical Student Affairs
- Office of Medical Service Learning
- IUSM Educational Technology
- AAMC Careers in Medicine - program to help medical students choose field and advice for those advising them.
National Organizations and Resources
- Health Educational Assets Library (HEAL) - a national web-based repository of multimedia health education resources.
- American Medical Women's Association's Reproductive Health Initiative
(RHI) now offers eleven educational tools for teaching reproductive health including communication skills, psychosocial factors, legal issues, contraception, abortion, and STDs
- PathoPic, a public access image database, provides images of high quality for use in medical education and public health information.
- Examples and Tips on How to Write a Teaching Philosophy Statement - This Faculty Focus special report is designed to take the mystery out of writing teaching philosophy statements, and includes both examples and how-to articles written by educators from various disciplines and at various stages of their professional careers.
National Organizations - Teaching
- AAMC Central Group on Educational Affairs(CGEA)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- BiosciEdNet (BEN Portal) National Science Digital Library (NSDL) Pathway for biological sciences education.
- Community of Science
- Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)
- National Science Digital Library (NSDL)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination(USMLE)
- AAMC Faculty Development and Leadership
- IUSM Faculty Teaching Awards - All full-time faculty and librarians of the School of Medicine within the statewide system for Medical Education are eligible for this annual recognition of superior teaching.
- IUSM Trustee Teaching Award (TTA) - Tenured and tenure-track faculty and librarians engaged in teaching are eligible as are full-time clinical faculty and full-time lecturers whose primary duties are teaching, including faculty in the School of Medicine who may be located at medical centers or be paid by institutions other than Indiana University (e.g., Clarian, Wishard, VA).
- IUSM Educational Research and Development Grants - Supports innovative projects designed to improve medical education. Faculty who commit 80% of their time to medical school activities are eligible to apply.
- AAMC MedEd Portal - Offers a new approach to online publication that offers peer review for teaching resources . Examples of MedEdPORTAL publications includereferenced tutorials, cases, lab manuals, evaluation forms, faculty development materials, and virtual patients.
- CurrMIT (Curriculum Management and Information Tool) - CurrMIT assists in conducting comprehensive quality reviews of the curriculum, comparing IUSM teaching and assessment methods with those of other premier medical education centers, analyzing trends in medical education, and sharing IUSM's innovations in medical education with other institutions.