The vision of the Office of Faculty Affairs & Professional Development (OFAPD) is to develop a vibrant, diverse community where each faculty member has the optimal capability to make meaningful contributions to their career goals and the institution’s mission.
- establish and sustain a culture that promotes faculty vitality and diversity
- plan and implement faculty development activities that ensure effective and successful recruitment, appointment, retention, and promotion of faculty
- train and educate visionary, innovative leaders who are capable of promoting the school’s mission and capitalizing upon emerging challenges
- implement a life-cycle of learning experiences that enable faculty to achieve their highest ambitions as educators, investigators, and clinicians
- communicate current faculty development opportunities to the medical school community
- ensure consistency with the school’s strategic plan and core beliefs, and ensure optimal use of limited
resources by coordinating school and university-wide faculty development offerings
- expand participation in national and international groups that assist or promote faculty affairs,
leadership, and professional development
For more information
If you have any questions, please call us at (317) 278-3089 or contact us via email.